General terms and conditions
Ravensknowle Children's Gala - General Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the Ravensknowle Children’s Gala organised by Ravensknowle Children’s Gala Committee usually held on the last weekend in June within Ravensknowle Park, Wakefield Road, Huddersfield. They apply to all traders, exhibitors, sponsors, fairground operators, entertainers and artistes (subsequently referred to as ‘Exhibitors, etc.’). They should be read in conjunction with the specific Terms and Conditions that apply to your type of stall or attraction along with the list of restricted items.
The Gala site comprises of the whole of Ravensknowle Park and recreation field.
1. It is a condition of booking that all Exhibitors etc. must hold and provide, in advance of the Gala, the following;
a) Public liability insurance (current on Gala Day)
b) Employee liability insurance if appropriate (current on Gala Day)
c) Risk assessment for their stall/unit.
Copies of insurance and risk assessments may be provided to Kirklees MC or any third parties on request.
A guide to writing risk assessments can be found at http://www.hse.gov.uk/risk/
2. Exhibitors, etc. who fail to attend the Gala will forfeit all fees paid.
3. The Gala Committee will not be responsible for any ‘Act of God’ that affects the smooth running of the Gala. Nor will we refund fees paid because of an ‘Act of God’.
4. Only one vehicle per stall/pitch will be allowed to stay on the Gala site and should be sited to the rear of the allocated pitch.
5. Access to the Gala site is between 8 am and 11 am via the main park entrance on Wakefield Road. No vehicle movement is allowed across the Gala site between 11.30am and 5.30pm*. There is a maximum speed limit of 5mph across the Gala site. This speed limit should be adhered to at all times. Advisory and warning signs should be followed. Hazard warning lights should be used whilst moving on the site.
(*Please ensure your vehicle is removed from the park by 11am if you need to leave between these hours). All exhibitors etc. should be on their allocated pitches by 11 am. Failure to adhere to these times may result in allocated pitches being relocated or entry refused.
6. The Gala Committee has full rights to refuse entry and to cancel any booking previously accepted.
There shall be no obligation on the Gala committee to explain such action and the Gala committee shall not incur any responsibility in this matter.
7. Ravensknowle Children’s Gala and Committee shall not be responsible in respect of death or personal injury caused by negligence for any accident, damage or loss, however caused, that may occur to any exhibitor etc., or their servant or to any article or property brought onto the Gala site, or while entering or leaving the Gala site. Each exhibitor etc., shall be solely responsible for any loss, injury, damage that may be done occasioned by or arising from any machinery or other article of property exhibited by them and it is a condition of entry that each exhibitor etc., shall indemnify and hold harmless Ravensknowle Children’s Gala and their servant from and against all action, suit, expenses and claims of account of such damage or injury.
8. No negotiations will be entered with traders concerning the position of any trade stand on the Gala site.
9. Exhibitors etc., must agree to comply with such provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and subordinate legislation as may apply to the Gala.
10. Tents, gazebos and inflatables should be secured to withstand variable weather conditions including winds. For example, use additional storm straps. (Operators of inflatables should also read Fairground T & C’s.
11. All exhibitors must cease trading and be pulling down by 7pm on gala day to adhere to local licensing regulations.
12. The pitch must be left in its original condition with all refuse cleared and placed in the skips provided on each gala field. A cost for cleaning the pitch will be incurred, at the discretion of the committee, if this condition is not adhered to. Whilst the Gala Committee provide refuse bins around the Gala site, we ask that all traders provide adequate bins for refuse that may be discarded by the public as a result of purchases from their stall.
13. No alcohol is permitted anywhere on the Gala site (see ‘List of Restricted Items’).
14. All exhibitors etc. are limited to trading goods and running rides as detailed on their booking forms. Trading is only allowed from the traders designated pitch.
15. The Gala Committee does not allow the distribution by traders and exhibitors of promotional material such as leaflets across the Gala site.
16. The Gala Committee cannot allow charity collections across the Gala site.