Fairground terms and conditions
Ravensknowle Children's Gala - Fairground terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the Ravensknowle Children’s Gala organised by Ravensknowle Children’s Gala Committee usually held on the last weekend in June within Ravensknowle Park, Wakefield Road, Huddersfield. They apply to all owners and operators of fairground rides and attractions. They should be read in conjunction with the General Terms and Conditions and the list of restricted items.
1. Bookings will only be considered from Showman’s Guild members.
2. In addition to the documents listed as required under 1. of the General Terms and Conditions, the following are required at the time of booking,
a) Proof of Showman’s Guild membership is required at time of booking (to include membership number).
b) Appropriate safety certificates (current on Gala Day) for example ‘Declaration of Operational Compliance’ are required at the time of booking.
3. Operators of adult rides and devices must be 18 years of age or older.
4. Operators of slow-moving devices and stalls must be 16 years of age or over and must receive appropriate training before taking control of the ride or stall.
5. Fairground traders should ensure that any electrical cables are covered or dug in. Care should be taken to preserve the ground which should be returned to its original condition when cables are removed.
6. We ask that only diesel generators are used to power fairground attractions on the Gala site.
7. Operators of inflatable devices must display the maximum number, size and age of people allowed to use the equipment at any one time.
8. Operators of inflatable devices must ensure they are erected in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidance.
9. Particular care must be taken to ensure inflatable devices are secured/weighted down to prevent potential movement especially in windy weather conditions.
10. Operators of inflatable devices should monitor wind speeds throughout the event and cease operation as necessary. Inflatables should be deflated if conditions are deemed unsafe.